© Akihiro Kawauchi
- Architects: Yamazaki Kentaro Design Workshop
- Location: Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan
- Architect In Charge: Yamazaki Kentaro Design Workshop
- Area: 98.0 m2
- Project Year: 2017
- Photographs: Akihiro Kawauchi
- Project Manager: Smart Design Association Co.,Ltd / Daisuke Suga
- Book Direction: BACH / Yoshitaka Haba
From the architect. Daigo Town, in Ibaraki Prefecture is built on the edges of abundant woodlands on the surrounding mountains. “Edges of the Forest” is a project to connects the residents, the town and the forest. Using only scraps from local lumber mills, a cafe, bookstore, shared office and event space was created using the “edges” of the local forest.
Placemaking at the hands of the local residents brings people together and a space for all was the result.
<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/ArchDaily/~4/NULj-487gQg" height="1" width="1" alt=""/>