Strong start in the artsHailing from Raleigh, N.C., Yseult grew up with a strong appreciation for the arts. Her mother was a Chaucerian scholar and her father a Hemmingway expert,
© Adrien Williams
- Architects: Atelier Général
- Location: Shefford, Canada
- Architect In Charge: Atelier Général
- Area: 2300.0 ft2
- Project Year: 2017
- Photographs: Adrien Williams
- Team: Alexis Naylor, Stéphanie Plourde, Xavier Crépeau Bellefeuille, Patrick Lévesque
Text description provided by the architects. Built on the slope of Mount Shefford, the residence bridges an aerial view on one side and an ascending, rugged topography, populated by rocks and maples, on the other.
The initial idea for this project was to merge with the mountain, to nestle into the terrain until it becomes one with the residence. Entering the site from below, we see a black volume that seems to emerge from the slope and detach itself from the surrounding vegetation. Its dark truncated shape echoes the rocky projections that inhabit the site. The living areas, located upstairs, offer the occupant an intimate relationship to the site,
HOK's Mercedes-Benz Stadium is officially the first LEED Platinum certified professional sports stadium in the United States. The new home to the NFL’s Atlanta Falcons boasts the highest sports venue LEED score at 88 total points.
There is much more to learn from this stadium than just its unique retractable roof system. The two-million-square-foot venue is an unprecedented model for sustainability and performance innovation. Its notable design solutions conserve water, lighting, and energy.
We set a goal of achieving the highest LEED rating because it was the right thing to do for our city and the environment. With this achievement, we have a powerful new platform to showcase to the industry and to our fans that building sustainably and responsibly is possible for a venue of any type, size and scale, said Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta United owner and chairman, Arthur Blank.
<a href='https://www.archdaily.com/491468/airbnb-s-european-operations-hub-in-dublin-heneghan-peng-architects'>Airbnb’s European Operations Hub in Dublin / Heneghan Peng Architects</a>. Image © Ed Reeve This article was originally published by Amar Singh on Medium titled "You're working in the wrong place." At my most recent job, I did all of my best work at home. I would actively try to avoid the office for as long as possible. At home, I had two desks and complete control over my environment. Distractions and breaks were choices. Once I went into the office, the environment changed. There were constant distractions, from other employees, dogs barking (for the record: puppers were a net positive), impromptu meetings and birthday celebrations. It was very difficult to get into flow states and incredibly easy to be broken from them. Of all the places I could work, my desk at the office was often the worst option.
In an exclusive half-hour interview with Graham Stirk, partner at Richard Rogers' London-based practice RSHP (Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners), Monocle's Tom Edwards dives into discussing the complexity of some of the practice’s recent projects. Stirk is best known for designing some of the firm's iconic London buildings, such as the Leadenhall Building (or “Cheesegrater”) and the more controversial NEO Bankside. Check out more episodes in Monocle's The Big Interview series.
<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/345879302&color=%23211fbf&auto_play=false&hide_related=true&show_comments=false&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=false&visual=true"></iframe>
<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/ArchDaily/~4/zw2nKSQEIls" height="1" width="1" alt=""/>
© Fernando Alda
- Architects: GANA Arquitectura
- Location: Av. de Velázquez, 215, 29004 Málaga, Spain
- Author Architects: Antonio José Galisteo Espartero, Álvaro Fernández Navarro, Francisco Jesús Camacho Gómez
- Design Team: David Melero Herrera, María García Ostos, Sandra Peralto Galán, Marta Sevillano Díez del Corral
- Area: 0.0 m2
- Project Year: 2017
- Photographs: Fernando Alda
- Lawyer: Joaquín Fernández Navarro
- Technical Architect: Adrián Delgado Moreno
- Industrial Technical Engineers: Juan Francisco Mata Díaz, Francisco Javier López Alarcón, Dionisio Aguilera Ruiz, Joaquín Andrade Casquero
- Promoter: Cervezas Victoria 1928 S.L.
Text description provided by the architects. When an amazing brand like Victoria decides to come back to its city, location becomes the first thing to carefully analyze in order to achieve the dream of giving back to Malaga citizen their traditional beer. Thus, this factory is located between two of the main roads of the city, as its new entrance milestone, while
© Alex Attard
- Architects: Architecture Project, Jens Bruenslow
- Location: Naxxar, Malta
- Area: 778.0 m2
- Project Year: 2016
- Photographs: Alex Attard, Julian Vassallo
Text description provided by the architects. Villa Castro is located in the town of Naxxar, in the center of the island of Malta. Its location on the perimeter of an Urban Conservation Area has led to drastic modification of the original setting of the villa, recent building developments destroying irreversibly its original context. The project programme was organized around the needs of a family and guestrooms to accommodate relatives and friends. The garden, as well as the two internal courtyards, were preserved and, following an unsuccessful attempt at acquiring the remaining portion of the garden immediately adjacent to the existing one, an extension was designed and grafted on the boundary wall to mitigate the negative visual impact of the recent neighboring
© Mohammad Shah Hosseini
- Architects: Design Core [4s] Architects & Urban Designers
- Location: Tehran, Tehran Province, Iran
- Lead Architects: Sam Tehranchi
- Design Team: Amirhosein Kheradmand, Ali mohammad Heidari, Ali Nabi, Hamidreza Jahani moghadam, Mehdi Ghiaie, Ali Ramezanali, Ehsan Ghasemlou
- Area: 65000.0 m2
- Project Year: 2017
- Photographs: Mohammad Shah Hosseini, Ali Daghigh
- Technical Design & Executive Plans Team: Naser naghdi, Mohammad Motamedinia, Mansour Naghdi, Ali Nabi, Fatemeh Jafari, Bita Rostami, Oldouz Akhlaghi
- Interior Architecture Team: Hamid Nozaripour, Saeed Soraie, Hamed Kalateh, Azin Soltani, Sahar Javadi, Raheleh Rahmati
- Landescape Design Team: Hoda Alavi tabari, Golshan Norasteh far, Pouya Najian, Bahram Khadiv, Mehdi Mahdavi, Maryam Malekzadeh
- Supervision Experts & Engineering Services At Execution Time: Nima Ahi, Mohammad Motamedi Nia, Ali Nabi, Neda Arian, Neda Alinezhad, Mehdi Eghbali, Saeed Ali shah, Javad Ebrahimi
- Structural Design: Portal Consultants
- Mep Design: M.Serkisians, V.Ghasemi and B.Eksiri
- Architectural Acoustics Consulting: WSDG, Basel, Switzerland
- Continue reading "Tehran Book Garden / Design Core [4s] Architects & Urban Designers"
Check out this year's winners below.
<img srcset="https://archinect.imgix.net/uploads/p4/p4tb9ageczohi2b0.jpg?fit=crop&auto=compress%2Cformat&w=650 1x,https://archinect.imgix.net/uploads/p4/p4tb9ageczohi2b0.jpg?fit=crop&auto=compress%2Cformat&w=650&dpr=2 2x, https://archinect.imgix.net/uploads/p4/p4tb9ageczohi2b0.jpg?fit=crop&auto=compress%2Cformat&w=650&dpr=3 3x" src="https://archinect.imgix.net/uploads/p4/p4tb9ageczohi2b0.jpg?fit=crop&auto=compress%2Cformat&w=650" border="0" title="" alt="" width="650" height="" />The Structural Award winners were announced Friday night at The Brewery in London. From 119 entries and <a href="http://bustler.net/news/5854/2017-structural-awards-shortlist-announced" >45 shortlisted projects</a>, 14 ground-breaking winners were selected for their innovation and achievements in <a href="http://bustler.net/news/search/structural%20engineering/6027/diller-scofidio-renfro-selected-to-design-new-london-centre-for-music" >structural engineering</a> worldwide. This year marks the Structural Award's 50th year of showcasing outstanding design work in the built environment.