© Shohei Yoshida
- Architects: Koyori, DATT
- Location: Muko, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
- Architects In Charge: Masahiko Nakamura, Keita Ikebe, Taichi Ito
- Project Year: 2016
- Photographs: Shohei Yoshida
- Structure: Kaneko Takeshi structural design office
- Garden: Zoukeifusakichi (Yoichiro Iwamura)
From the architect. The “House along Saigoku highway” is a renovation project of an over-100-year-old wooden house located aside the Saigoku highway in the city of Muko at Kyoto Prefecture. Due to artistic activity made by the owner; it is a living and atelier space for a 3 member’s family; the 60-years-old parents and their high school teenager son.
The house has several problems that have been a concern for their residents, due to the constant changes and renovations.
The main idea is to keep enough space for three people, making structural reinforcement and making
<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/ArchDaily/~4/RXzgI-Rpnpc" height="1" width="1" alt=""/>