© Derek Swalwell
- Architects: HYLA Architects
- Location: Singapore, Singapore
- Lead Architect: Han Loke Kwang
- Project Team: Chong Wen Jin, Thomas Ong
- Project Year: 2017
- Photographs: Derek Swalwell
- Structural Engineer: GCE Consulting Engineers
- Main Contractor: Praxis Contractors Pte Ltd
- Landscape Contractor: Green Forest Landscape Pte Ltd
Text description provided by the architects. With both the front and rear facing busy roads and the side an old house, this house looks inwards. A triple volume covered but naturally ventilated court with a pool becomes the focus of the internal space.
On the side, a sculptural staircase cantilevers from the wall to reach the family room on the second level. The journey continues upwards on another staircase with a stepped planter on the side and lit from above.
The whole house is finished in off-form concrete
This bathroom, as well as the attic bath, has planting areas that offer a green contrast to the grey scheme. Custom storage units in the living, family, and study echo the concrete and brick geometry of the house.
<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/ArchDaily/~4/hnD_NxI__4U" height="1" width="1" alt=""/>