© Fernando Guerra / FG+SG
- Architects: Groupe3Architectes
- Location: Guelmim, Morocco
- Lead Architects: Omar Tijani, Skander Amine
- Area: 9000.0 m2
- Project Year: 2018
- Photographs: Fernando Guerra / FG+SG, Groupe3Architectes
- Project Manager: Vincent Missemer
- Landscape: Atelier Bertand Houin
- Client: Office National Des Aéroports (ONDA)
Text description provided by the architects. The new Guelmim airport is integrated in an existing military infrastructure located 3km north of the city. The stakes of the project were simplicity, efficiency, environmental control and extensibility, which is a prerequisite for the durability of an airport. It is with this objective that the construction of the building was designed in 2 phases, resulting in a linear design parallel to the runways.
The terminal building consists of 2 double height halls that hold the waiting areas which open onto the landscape on
The main issue of the project was providing the maximum amount of natural light and ventilation to avoid expensive technical equipment, while optimizing the view of the surrounding landscape, which facilitates movement and flow of the building’s users.
<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/ArchDaily/~4/0-QfgTrwOj0" height="1" width="1" alt=""/>