© Imagen Subliminal
- Architects: Arenas Basabe Palacios
- Location: Paseo de la Herrería, 3, 28933 Móstoles, Madrid, Spain
- Authors: Enrique Arenas, Luis Basabe, Luis Palacios
- Area: 940.0 m2
- Project Year: 2017
- Photographs: Imagen Subliminal
- Collaborators: Lidia Fernández, Carlota le Quinio, Nieves Andrea Calvo, María Angeles Peñalver
- Structural Engineer: gv408
- Technical Architect: Yolanda García Díaz
- Contractor: Ecay Construcciones
This ventilated shell is fitted with a system of adjustable perforated window shutters that can be folded to display either an open or closed character. On the inside, THE BOX, a massive core made of OSB boards, accommodates the servant spaces: circulation, foyer, toilets, storage and MEP services. This structure spans four storeys and becomes a unifying element that gives access and weaves the varied uses of the program together: indoor playing court, assembly hall, chapel, classrooms, meeting room, offices, etc.
The use of clean lines and neutral-toned materials give these spaces a homogeneous appearance. The mostly white palette of translucent, transparent and opaque walls and grey continuous polished-concrete floors contrast with the forcefulness of the engineered lumber boards which clads the internal core. A double height space acts as both meeting place between users and playground for spontaneous games. The presence of THE BOX is especially prominent here, granting the building a recognizable identity, deeply associated with its new cultural use.
<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/ArchDaily/~4/e1AjcHxc4ws" height="1" width="1" alt=""/>