© João Morgado Photography
- Architects: dEMM arquitectura
- Location: Porto, Portugal
- Architect In Charge: Paulo Fernandes Silva
- Area: 600.0 m2
- Project Year: 2017
- Photographs: João Morgado Photography
- Collaborators: Isabela Almeida Neves, Diana Fernandes Silva
- Constructor : J. Camilo Project
Located in the historic area of Porto, classified as Cultural Heritage of Humanity by Unesco.
The project had respect for all the heritage elements that define and characterize the building, and where when possible used and enhanced, such as the main façade and some interior wood work. It improved thermal, acoustic and accessibility comfort by introducing new window frames, new insulation and a new staircase that replaces the two previously existing ones, articulating the
The blue color that derives from the "BLU" philosophy applied to the whole building, was used in the interior and exterior through painting and micro-cement, being only punctuated by the wood of the pavements, some reutilized from the original construction and some new elements in black.
<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/ArchDaily/~4/_TKrxvLrlV4" height="1" width="1" alt=""/>